The concept of bodybuilding often revolves around heavy gym training and difficult exercises. When we see a bodybuilder on a magazine cover with toned and flexed muscles, an automated perception is that this body was attained after a strenuous workout, loads of supplementation, and intense training. While this is partly true, it is not as difficult as it seems. Some special techniques give a bigger chest to flaunt without any equipment or training. One of those techniques is the “Static Strength Training”
Static Strength Training is a unique form of exercise in which pressure is exerted on desired muscles without moving their surrounding joints. This means the muscle is flexed, but not in motion. Static exercises are a great way of improving endurance and improve muscle strength. They also give you that picture-perfect physique.
Bodybuilders perform static exercises usually. Since they are linked to endurance and muscle build, athletes and sportspersons do not perform them that often. This Exercising while being static in one position is especially effective for people with joint pain such as arthritis and helps heal injured joints and reduce pain. There are several exercises for target muscles, which have immense effects.
Static Strength exercises involve holding a muscle in a fixed position for the prescribed period. Studies reveal that static exercises for 10 weeks enhances strength by 50%, adds 9 pounds of muscle, and reduce 5 pounds of fat. It is important to note that it affects only the target muscle and each target muscle has a different, dedicated exercise. This means there are different exercises for the biceps, legs, and chest. However, in this article, we will focus primarily on exercises of the chest to build chest muscles.
Static Training for the Chest
There are several types of exercises focused on the chest muscle. These exercises give the perfect toned muscles and abs that are desired by bodybuilders and nonprofessionals alike.
The Chest Squeeze
- Stand upright, both hands in front, bent at a right angle
- Lock hands together and squeeze as hard as you can
- Maintain this position for 15 – 20 seconds and then relax
This exercise exerts pressure on the chest muscles. The tension increases the endurance of the muscles. The holding time can gradually be increased.
Remember how we used to stand in a doorway and pretend to push it aside like Hulk? Well, we might not be Hulk but we were surely performing a famous bodybuilding exercise without knowing it. This is exactly what this exercise is.
- Stand in a doorway with both hands on each side of the doorway
- Exert as much pressure as you can on both hands, as if trying to push the doorway.
- Using the pressure, slightly pull your chest forward
- Hold for 15 seconds and then slowly release. Repeat after 30 seconds rest.
Incline Dumbbell Press
- Perform regular dumbbell press. However, in the 12th press, stop mid-way such that your triceps are parallel to the surface.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Perform 12 presses and 1 static hold for 10 seconds in the last press.
This exercise is a combination of general motion exercise and static exercise. It has the benefits of both. This exercise provides bicep muscle toning as well as chest building.
These are regular push-ups but with a static position involved.
- While doing regular push-ups, in one of the reps, stop midway.
- Tense your chest muscles as much as you can
- Hold in this position for about 30 seconds
- Relax and repeat after 30 seconds in the last rep of your push-ups
Incline Dumbbell Fly
This is pretty self-explanatory too. This exercise involves imitating a flying position but with twists of its own.
- Sit upright with dumbbells in both hands.
- Perform the dumbbell fly by opening arms apart to the sides. Do this for 15 reps.
- In the last repetition, bring both dumbbells together and apply pressure as if trying to merge the dumbbells into each other.
- Exert as much pressure on the chest ad you can.
- Hold for 30 seconds and then slowly release.
The Important Note
Static exercises have proven benefits and efficiency. However, to get the best results, do not forget to pair up your exercises with nutritious supplementation of BCAAs. BCAAs are branched-chain amino acids exclusively for muscle strength and growth.
Make sure you buy only authentic products from a certified store. NutroJenix is one such place. We have all amazing supplements and boosters that couple perfectly with exercises and yield desired results in no time. Visit our awe-inspiring outlet at Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan, or shop online